The most demanded qualities and capacities mark a profound difference between the human and the machine. A good leader must be able to clearly communicate the objectives of the organization, whether short-term or long-term. You also need to know how to motivate and delegate, something that a robot would never be capable of.
Although, today, it is common for senior managers, project managers and all kinds of leaders to have the support of technology, the most decisive part of their work depends directly on it.
Do you have the necessary managerial skills to lead your organization to success?
Management skills in times of digitalization:
A good leader is honest, inspiring, ready to take the initiative and brings together the managerial skills that help him succeed. These are the top 5 Managerial skills.
- Learning to achieve things through others is an imperative part of effective leadership. Someone who can delegate:
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of employees.
- Assign tasks according to the employees’ abilities, which present them with new and stimulating challenges.
- Set expectations and prioritize.
- Especially in the digital age, it is essential to communicate face to face, but it is also essential to have the ability to choose the technological tools that can contribute most to this function. Leaders who have effective communication among their managerial skills are able to:
- Listen carefully and actively.
- Understand body language and non-verbal cues
- Manage your vocal tone and inflection.
- Speak clear.
- Creativity in a leadership role consists of seeing people and situations through multiple lenses, it is a type of intelligence and is part of the most sought-after management skills at a time when innovation and differentiation are important competitive advantages. Who is creative can:
- Use critical thinking
- Solve complex problems.
- Establish connections
- Develop unique ideas
- The fundamental role of a great leader is to develop more leaders and, to achieve this, that person has to show that he believes in his team and also has to make them feel valued as members of the organization . Coaching executive skills are extraordinarily useful when it comes to:
- Offer constructive feedback
- Listen carefully.
- Offer recommendations.
- Pose challenges
- Decision making. Learning to make decisions quickly and confidently is a matter of experience, although the knowledge that gives a higher education, such as an MBA also has an impact on this ability. Someone who knows how to make the right decisions leads the organization to achieve its goals.
In addition to these managerial skills, a good leader in the digital age must be a good team player and encourage collaboration, must take responsibility to be respected, have the ability to guide the team, know how to motivate, be adaptable and authentic. Of course, in these times and at any other time in the history of business, a good leader should never lack humor, to take criticism with sportsmanship, not take too seriously and make the workplace friendly for everyone.
Also Read: 5 tips for marketing on YouTube