In this digital world, many people feed their memories as data in their storage like photos, videos and many more formats. So, this data has become very valuable. What if this data gets deleted by mistake.
So, we will search on Google for free data recovery software. When we get the right software to recover the data, but they don’t work on all the versions of Windows, which makes you frustrated.
Well, we have made a list of genuine free data recovery software which can recover all your deleted data or lost files from storage like hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, etc. So, go through the below list of free data recovery software with their highlighted features.
15 Free Data Recovery Software in 2021
Recuva is a data recovery software for Windows, developed by Piriform. It is a stable data recovery software that can recover files from rewritable internal and external drives like USB flash drives, memory cards, portable media players or all random-access storage mediums with a supported file system.
Some of the highlighted features of Recuva:
- Recovery of files of any format from a damaged disk.
- It has a plus feature called “deep scan.” Recuva has a deep scan which scours your drives to find any traces of files you have deleted.
- Securely delete files: Recuva’s secure overwrite feature uses industry- and military-standard deletion techniques to make sure your data stays erased.
- It’s free to use in both Windows and Mac. Also, you can buy a paid version of $19.
2. Wondershare RecoverIt
As a free data recovery tool, Wondershare Recoverit has made it easier to recover valuable data files without paying a penny. It is a simple interface and supports a wide range of data recovery scenarios.
Wondershare can recover deleted data from a system or even an external storage media without security issues. In 2020, the tool has three versions: Recoverit Free, Recoverit Pro, and Recoverit Ultimate.
Some of the highlighted features of Wondershare RecoverIt are;
- It is free to use.
- Can recover all types of file formats like photos, email, e.t.c.
- It supports NTFS, FAT16, FAT32, and exFAT on Windows and Mac.
- It recovers raw files also.
3. Stellar Windows Data Recovery
Stellar Windows Data Recovery software is one of the best free data recovery software have three options: drive recovery, CD recovery, and photo recovery. It has both free and paid versions. It is one of the light software to recover the lost data.
Some best feature of Stellar Windows Data Recovery:
- It has a feature that lets you save recovered files to an FTP server.
- Supports all versions of Windows and Mac too.
- It shows a full S.M.A.R.T. status report.
- The free version is available.
4. R-Studio for Windows
It has unique data recovery techniques made by R-tools Technology. R-Studio is to be the best professional data recovery software by Data Recovery Digest. Well, it is free to use but has some boundaries.
- It can recover various file formats like NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS, FAT12/16/32, exFAT, HFS/HFS+ and A.P.F.S.
- A free version is available.
- It supports Windows 7, 10, 8, and Vista as well as Mac.
5. EaseUS Data Recovery
EaseUS file recovery is the best lightweight tool for recovering files and rescuing data from hard disk, USB flash drives, floppy, CD and S.D. cards. Also, EaseUS Data Recovery software comes with multiple options to enhance the quality to find desired data effortlessly.
- It supports file systems like F.A.T. 32, NTFS and NTFS5 with encryption and compression.
- The free version of EaseUS can recover up to 2GB of data.
- Has unique techniques to recover the data.
Restoration is a free file recovery software available on the internet. It’s simple, as it doesn’t require complicated installation. This free data recovery software recovers files from internal and external hard drives, memory cards, and other common storage appliances.
- It shows good scan results, with relatively efficient recovery speed.
- Entirely free to use.
- It has a simple U.I. and interface.
- It is only available for Windows.
7. TestDisk Data Recovery Software
Testdisk Data Recovery is only helpful for partition recovery. It is a free command-line tool which supports most of the operating systems and file format. The software still has the support of its developer and is available to download in a bootable version.
- Supports numbers of file formats
- It is free to use.
- Bootable version is available to download through the internet.
- It supports Windows format only.
8. Pandora Recovery
Pandora Recovery is a versatile data recovery software that can recover almost all the files deleted mistakenly. It is one of the capable software to bring back the data without any issue. Pandora data recovery can recover data from USB, and all other primary and secondary storage media.
- Capable of scanning and recovering all file formats.
- Has unique options like quick scanning, deep scanning, and reconstructing lost partitions.
- It supports both Windows and Mac.
- The free version of Pandora is also available.
Also Read: What is Digital Data? Definition, Features
FreeUndelete is for personal use as a data recovery software. It can recover files from recycle bin of the computer also. One thing to remember is that it lacks many modern technical options which can disappoint you. But as for personal use, it will reach your required level.
- Able to restore the file from the recycle bin if deleted from there also.
- Saves files to different locations to make free from overwriting.
- Free to use.
- It supports all file formats.
10. NTFS Data Recovery Toolkit
It is made especially for NTFS file volumes to recover. This tool has a lot of features and provides a complete guide to use these tools. It’s the best tool to recover data if they get deleted.
- Manual and automatics modes are available to perform recovering.
- Suitable for Windows and Mac with both 32 and 64-bit operating systems.
- It supports all file formats, including O.N.E., P.U.B., IBD, F.R.M., M.Y.I., V.D.I., and B.C.B.
11. Wise Data Recovery
It is one of the best freeware data recovery software available in 2020. Wise data recovery software is capable of recovering data from both internal and external disk drives. Well, it doesn’t have any unique features other than its alternatives.
- It has advanced algorithms to complete scanning in a shorter time.
- It shows more possibilities of recovering deleted files
- Supports all versions of Windows.
12. SoftPerfect File Recovery
Softperfect data recovery tool is one of the lightest tools that works with minimum system requirements. This tool can recover all the F.A.T. and NTFS files from both internal and external storage devices. Softperfect is a self-contained executable that runs for free also.
- Able to restore all file formats from NTFS and F.A.T. drives.
- It works well in all Windows versions as well as Linux operating systems.
- It scores almost 90% of success to recover files.
13. Puran Data Recovery Software
Most of the data recovery software is unable to recover files from a damaged disk. But this software can extract all the lost data from the damaged drive. Also, this software tries to recover the data if the file is too corrupted or damaged when the drive gets physical damage.
- You can copy the entire drive if necessary.
- Have a drag and drop feature which makes this software more suitable.
- It is free to use.
14. UndeleteMyFiles Pro
It is the best data recovery software in 2020, which comes with specific tools for data recovery, including file rescue, media recovery, deleted file search, emergency disk image, and mail rescue. It also has a secure formattings tool as it plays two different roles.
- File rescue wizard helps recover files quickly.
- You can also improve media like photos and videos.
- This software allows you to recover mail also.
15. Lazesoft Mac Data Recovery
Lazesoft is one of the successful data recovery software available for free on the internet. It can recover files from F.A.T. 32, exFAT and NTFS file system and also from any internal and external drives like hard disk, memory cards, iPod Classic, USB flash disk, etc. It can recover data, even when the storage drive is formatted or deleted.
- It is specially used for recovering files from F.A.T. 32, exFAT and NTFS file system.
- It filters for quick search, which makes this software more comfortable to use.
- It has a straightforward U.I.
- A free version of Lazesoft software is available.
- It supports all Windows versions and Mac.
Hope you all get this software to use for recovering data when files get lost. Well, this article was only for educational purposes, not for pranking or stealing someone’s data. We won’t be responsible if you get stuck on any problem because of your inappropriate activity.