B2B businesses have goals slightly different from regular businesses. For example, instead of connecting with the normal audience, B2B businesses connect with other businesses.
It’s not about getting someone to pay for a blog post on their website but more about selling a CMS for long-term association. With rapidly evolving demands and the introduction of new technologies, B2B companies are finding themselves in turbulence.
Are you a B2B brand struggling to establish a network with other brands? What if we told you that you can excel in this game of trading with the right digital resources? Read on for we have got your back.
- 7 Best tools for your B2B business’ growth
- 1. Create using business templates
- 2. Make checkout experiences meaningful with mobile barcode scanners
- 3. Reach potential customers via email marketing
- 4. Automate routine tasks in your B2B business
- 5. Improve online visibility with SEO
- 6. Trend on social media
- 7. Improve business performance with data analytics
- B2B forecasting for 2024 and onwards
7 Best tools for your B2B business’ growth
In layman’s terms, B2B digital resources streamline processes, boost productivity and increase revenue.
The right combination of these resources will make all the difference and transform your B2B image in the industry. The following are a few of those resources that are and will continue to dominate the B2B space:
1. Create using business templates
All B2B businesses want to succeed in their industries and negotiate the best deals with other brands. However, to capitalize on a business opportunity, you need a well-crafted and detailed plan, which can be achieved using business templates.
These templates are pre-designed documents and outlines that simplify business strategies’ creation and documentation.
With customizable templates, you can give your business a much-needed makeover that helps bag more clients and gain more success. They make business strategies a smooth-running affair and save time and effort.
Each template deals with a key category of the overall strategy, from market analysis to performance measurement and keeping your business on track by acting as a compass.
2. Make checkout experiences meaningful with mobile barcode scanners
With everything going digital, it only makes sense for B2B businesses to integrate barcode scanning systems into their ecosystems.
This is a budget-friendly tool that streamlines all operations and is universally accepted by most B2B businesses in the world. In e-commerce, barcode scanners are seen as a reliable source for product identification.
Barcode scanning for B2B businesses means a better customer experience within the company. Like “grab and go” experiences while shopping at any mart, even B2B brands require a similar experience free of struggle.
For example, if a restaurant is running out of stock, the manager can scan the barcode of the products needed using their mobile devices. This ensures that the order is placed within minutes and delivered to you by the manufacturer quickly.
3. Reach potential customers via email marketing
Emails are the most influential tool that all businesses need to include. On average, 126-132 emails are sent and received EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Generalized email marketing tactics don’t work for B2B businesses and go beyond the usual newsletters, free tools, discount offers, etc.
Unlike B2C companies, the marketing cycles in B2B take much more time as they require a unified response from all departments, which is no less than a herculean task. However, with extra effort and time, emails will give you more value in return.
Are you still wondering how to nail that B2B email marketing strategy? Don’t fret; it’s not a trade secret so here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
- Categorize your buyer’s journey into these stages: awareness, consideration and decision-making. Include data and information that will reach the brand depending on the stage they’re in through emails.
- Establish a personal connection with your prospect: Send a personal welcome email or an invite to a company event. This builds credibility and trust in your company.
- Provide exclusive content in the form of surveys, tools and more: Doing so will create a brand image that you’re a B2B organization that knows what it’s doing and also knows the market.
- Please don’t send regular content in emails: Always send quality content which includes graphics, photos, videos and articles. You’ll most likely get a positive response to such emails rather than those generalized content.
- DO NOT FORGET to include a Call to Action (CTA): The CTA is more important than any other element in the email. Your recipients will take necessary action if the CTA is clear, concise and direct.
4. Automate routine tasks in your B2B business
Automation–a term and a tool that is spreading like wildfire in the B2B industry. Estimated in billions, every other B2B business is jumping on the bandwagon and you must too, considering its benefits.
With the evolving tech infrastructure, use it to your advantage and automate routine tasks like sending emails, replying to customer queries, and more.
Automation is the future and these are a few reasons to integrate it into your existing business operations:
- It reduces expenses on marketing: For example, prospects may be going through your website with a keen interest in your services. Your marketing team need not follow up whenever a new visitor lands on the site. Automate chatbots and emails to connect with the brand and your teams can focus on building better marketing strategies in the meanwhile.
- It saves time by making tedious tasks a thing of the past: You no longer have to request for contact details personally, send welcome and other promotional emails, manage paid ads or create fresh templates for newsletters. Automation software takes care of routine tasks and opens up more revenue-building opportunities, like converting potential leads to paying customers.
5. Improve online visibility with SEO
A strong online presence is necessary in today’s digital age where businesses thrive. For B2B businesses, there is no exception, so it’s better to get on board with SEO (search engine optimization) if you want exponential success and higher visibility for your brand.
When you rank on the first page of Google Search Results, you’re automatically a preferred option for other B2B brands and SEO helps you achieve that.
If you’re new to the SEO game, here are some actionable steps to get started:
- Gauge your audience: For B2C brands, this step is fairly simple as they’re targeting individuals. However, for B2B, you’re selling your services to other businesses and therefore, your SEO strategy must be targeted towards C-suite people and businesses who are regular users of services similar to the ones you have.
- Nail the keyword syntax: Keywords are most important to SEO. make sure you create content that includes these, especially long-tail keywords as those are more similar to particular queries. With keywords in place, your business can easily be discoverable by other B2B brands.
Following up closely on point 5, B2B marketers can build their client base via social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram through brand visibility. Most businesses have accounts on social media so that customers and clients can connect with them.
These platforms are helpful for researching and reviewing the brand, both key activities that B2B businesses conduct before reaching out to other B2B brands.
For business growth, here is how you can use social media:
- Choose the right platform for your B2B business by analyzing those platforms on which your customers, i.e., other B2B brands are most active.
- Create a content calendar and post regularly so that your content reaches potential customers.
- Converse with other brands when they contact you or tag you in other posts. Respond to comments and messages and always stir content that is trending to get more engagement.
- Unlike B2C posts, you must post content that is researched thoroughly and absolutely correct. Use the platform to educate users about your business and services.
- Share social proof to build your brand’s reputation in the global markets. Get your clients to share their reviews and testimonials of your services on social media channels and also on your website.
- Not everyone will organically find your brand. So if your budget allows you, run targeted social media advertisements that will reach other B2B businesses.
7. Improve business performance with data analytics
If you’re not harnessing the power of data, then you’re missing out on a lot for your B2B business. Data analytics deals with analyzing the data collected to make informed decisions in the business and gain insights from processes.
Various metrics like customer behavior, marketing trends, sales, and much more can be used to create business strategies. You can also analyze the future, prepare your business for emergencies and improve performance above the market average.
With data analytics, you can also see where your competitors stand in the market and integrate tools and techniques to position your business over them.
Furthermore, the data helps you examine the financial impact of your marketing efforts leading to better finance handling in the company. From sales monitoring to business growth, data analytics identifies new opportunities and unlocks your business’ potential for overall success.
B2B forecasting for 2024 and onwards
In 2024 and the years ahead, B2B businesses are in for a thrilling ride, thanks to the bright minds in the ever-evolving tech world who are constantly introducing new and updating existing digital resources.
Make sure to spend enough time observing and implementing those that yield positive results. You will be rewarded with higher sales and better partner ecosystem strategies that will demarcate you from others in the global B2B market—indeed there’s nothing better than that.