In today’s digital era, customer experiences can make or break any business. A positive experience can spread quickly on numerous social media channels we have today- it can increase customer loyalty and product demand as fast as it can destroy the image of a brand.
Knowing how your consumers feel about your business can help you make critical business decisions. The only way to know whether or not your customers are satisfied is to ask them.
A customer satisfaction survey is a perfect way to find out how your customers perceive you and help you gain feedback so you can improve products and services.
You will gain valuable insights when you send a survey to your consumers, analyze it, and then turn it into action. It will help you work on your weak points and help you grow your business.
1) Offer Multiple Channels for CSAT Surveys
There are numerous interaction touchpoints between a business and a customer. In this particular manner, most of the companies are multi-channel.
Your customers can come to your business website or come to the store to purchase something.
In case of any problems, customers can connect with you via email, phone, or even social media networking sites.
Offering them multiple mediums will help you make their experience as memorable as possible.
- Spread out your CSAT survey requests across different channels like email, SMS, online surveys, real-time using android survey app, iPad survey app, and kiosk survey app to avoid putting too much pressure on your customers
“According to BRP Consulting’s Real-time Retail consumer study, 87% of customers want a consistent experience across all multiple channels.”
2) Choose Right Set of Questions
Keep your CSAT questions precise. If you have multiple questions to ask, use customer satisfaction survey software that allows you to create surveys most effectively.
If you’re new to CSAT surveys, determining the number of questions can be tricky for some businesses.
Asking several questions might annoy customers and make them abandon your survey, also not asking enough questions will spoil an opportunity to get comprehensive and essential information.
- One of the best practices is to keep your survey under 10 questions. Make sure your consumers can complete the survey in less than five minutes.
“According to the market research firm SSI, by the 20-minute mark within a survey, the quality of data and the attention of respondents significantly diminish.”
3) Send Surveys at the Right Time
Timing is everything when it comes to surveys. Sending them at wrong timings will not help you capture important insights.
Studies show sending a survey on a particular day can have a significant impact on survey completion rates.
For instance, short surveys should be done on Tuesdays, whereas long surveys should be conducted on Wednesdays or Fridays.
- One of the best times to send a survey once a support agent closes a ticket with a customer.
“For B2C surveys, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays all lead to a relatively high response rate. For B2B surveys, Monday is the best day to get the highest amount of survey completes.”
4) Implement Survey Results to Increase Customer Retention
Tracking and monitoring customer satisfaction will help you capture both negative and positive feedback. It will help you take appropriate measures to resolve the issues. Take the opportunity and make use of social media to increase your customer retention.
Every business should ask a question, “If I receive feedback from a customer, what will I do with that information?” This type of question will help any business gain better customer insights and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Make sure you convert survey results into insightful data to improve your products, which will ultimately increase customer retention.
“A 5% increase in customer retention can boost your profits by up to 95%.”
While it seems a daunting task to design your customer satisfaction survey, it can even be harder to convince your consumers to take it in the first place.
There are few things to keep in mind to capture the best responses. Make sure below-given pointers are into place before you send your survey:
- A reason to complete the survey should be precise and clear
- Make sure the survey should capture valuable pointers
- CSAT survey should be easy to complete
- There should be a reward system at the end of the survey. Consider offering additional loyalty points for the efforts surveyors in taking a survey.
Above mentioned customer satisfaction best practices for your surveys will help you collect more responses and precisely measure as well as compare your customer satisfaction metrics.
When you know what your consumers are looking for and thinking, you can make a better business strategy for the future.
Customer satisfaction is healthy for your business because it tells you how loyal and satisfied your customers are. It also helps you capture valuable feedback on which areas you should improve.
What are you waiting for? Interact with your consumers, listen to what they have to say, and for sure, they will love you for that.