Technology is inevitably rooted in our systems. Whether you are an adult or a kid, your life revolves around technology. True?
Kids, filled with curiosity, cope better with technological evolutions. They adapt faster to new gadgets and software. The ease of using devices and affordable prices has transformed liking into addiction. Kids are suddenly exposed to explicit content and dangerous online predators.
What parents fear is the incapability of kids to distinguish right from wrong. Addition of Top 10 parental control apps on play store is a result of indiscipline among kids.
The parental control app is a powerful tool to keep a check on the online activities of kids. Right from their last phone call to their current location, everything can be tracked. Have you downloaded a parental control app yet?
What do you need to know about your kid’s digital life?
Are you sure you know everything your kids do online?
Before we plunge into the various functionalities of Parental control apps, Parents need to be aware of activities kids run on their devices.
- Call logs-Who calls your kid and who does your kid contact?
- Social Media Activities– In which social media sites do your kids have accounts? Who do they talk to and what do they post?
- Gaming Applications– What genre of games do your kids play? How much time do they spend on these games? Do they initiate chats with strangers?
- Websites– What kind of sites do your kids access? Are these websites informative or harmful?
- Location– Which locations are your kids commonly positioned? Are the neighborhoods safe?
- Advertisements– What kind of ads are popping up in your kids’ browsing sessions? Is it showing any violent or adult content?
Above mentioned questions are the most basic questions parents need to find out about their curious little ones. Now, the bigger problem is how parents can figure out the answers? What app can they rely on these answers?
Also Read: How to stop an attacker of Adware?
What are Parental Control Apps?
Parental Control Apps are just another technological development to balance kids’ digital life. These apps designed for kids under 18 who considered as minors.
These apps are intended to capture all activities of kids on their gadgets. The idea behind the app is to allow parents to supervise their kids’ digital activities without any interference.
In case any suspicious activity or content is noticed, app reports parents immediately, and they can take appropriate actions through the app.
Bit Guardian Parental Control App
Bit guardian is one of the most successful apps and frequently downloaded app across the globe. This app offers interesting functionalities to monitor and discipline your kids on their digital devices.
Key functionalities of the app:
- App install Block– This feature disables kids to download any new app.
- App Block– You can block apps from your kids’ device that are inappropriate according to you.
- Kiosk Mode– Kiosk mode allows customizing the mobile device as per your desire. The mobile device will is controlled by remote control.
- Time Schedule – The time schedule is applicable in restricting screen time of the device. You can have screen time control for different apps or the device. Set bedtime, playtime, study time, etc. for your kids’ device.
- Panic Button– This app comes with an SOS button which your kids can use in an emergency. The app will send panic alerts to the parent device along with information about the current location of your kid.
- Calls– All calls, incoming and outgoing calls on kids’ devices can are tracked and blocked.
- Anti-theft – Locate your kids’ lost mobile on the map. You can call your kids’ phone even if it is put on silent mode. And if you want your kids’ phone not to be misused by any stranger, immediately factory reset the phone using the parent device.
- Geofence & Speed– You can not only track your kids’ current outdoor location but set virtual geographic boundaries and speed limits. In case your kids’ cross the boundary or exceed the speed limit, the app sends an instant notification to the parent device.
“Apart from the Bit Guardian parental control, you could also try www.xnspy.com/in/ — a parental control that lets you set alerts on the phone activity of your children. The alerts work best for parents who don’t have the time or wouldn’t want to go through their children’s entire phone history, which could, sometimes, include their personal things.
Xnspy’s Watchlist Alerts allow you to set alerts for specific, words, contacts, locations, and emails, so you only get to know the important information that could help you keep them safe and nothing more, providing a great balance of digital safety and privacy
How to cope with kids’ opposition to Parental Control apps?
You will face disapproval from your kids for downloading parental control apps. It might seem like an intervention to your kid’s privacy; however, parental control is mandatory at their age.
So, do not get discouraged by your kids’ disappointment. What you can do to cope with this opposition:
- Do not ask unnecessary questions if not required. Unless the app sends you any suspicious alert, do not interfere with your kids’ activities.
- Educate kids about the need for screen time.
- Be transparent and openly inform kids what all you can monitor from the parent device. This way they will not feel cheated.
- Discuss calmly with your kids regarding cyber attacks and cyber crimes when they are most receptive, like while driving to sports practice class, etc.
Do not let any thought make you think otherwise, download the app now and experience a new generation of child care.