According to a survey by IBM, 85% of businesses use cloud storage. It’s vital in today’s business environment, where small businesses need access to data on the go without worrying about storage and hardware maintenance.
Small businesses can take advantage of the benefits of using cloud storage, such as cost efficiency, scalability, and security. But the actual value of cloud storage comes from how well it works for your small business.
Here’s everything you need to know about the best cloud storage solutions for your small business.
Best Cloud Storage Solutions for Small Businesses
1. Google Drive
Google Drive is arguably the most popular cloud storage service for businesses and individuals. Your small business can access all Google services, and it comes with unlimited custom tariffs.
Google Drive’s integration with Google search is one of its best features. So, it’s easy to find a missing file. The trick is to search for a few words that you can remember, and you will access your file.
But here’s the catch, the policy of use allows Google to use AI to analyze your content, and data privacy might be a concern.
- Integrated Google services
- Unlimited storage space of up to 30 GB based on the package you choose
- It integrates many third-party integrations, such as Cloud Lock, DocuSign, and Microsoft Office.
- Users are limited to 300, with Enterprise packages allowing unlimited users.
- Search is made easier with Quick Access.
- The search engine suggests the most relevant files based on machine learning.
- It comes with different formats for storing your data
- It has an easy-to-use user interface
- You can share files, update them, and collaborate with others
- The drive requires a Gmail account
- You will see personalized ads as Google learns about your business.
Although not as versatile as Google Workspace, Dropbox offers a simple yet powerful solution. It has many options for creating, editing, and storing files, and you can easily circulate files among users.
To top it off, you don’t need a Dropbox account. The receiver can access an exact file copy with all the necessary permissions without seeing the original file.
Nothing is more straightforward than Dropbox since it works on almost any platform, and it is the best choice if you value simplicity, speed, and ease.
- The tool must have a minimum of three users
- Unlimited storage space up to 5 TB
- In addition, some features enhance productivity and security
- It is pretty easy to use Dropbox
- Automatic synchronization is an outstanding feature.
- The search function saves time.
- There are some concerns about security
- The Mobile version is not convenient
3. Microsoft One Drive
In a nutshell, Microsoft OneDrive is similar to Dropbox, where you create your files and then upload them to the cloud. OneDrive’s greatest strength is, aside from its compatibility with Windows, the program perfectly integrates with Microsoft Office.
Microsoft 365 allows you to collaborate with your partners in real-time and share documents. Several servers also back up your data, so you don’t have to worry about losing it.
OneDrive is the perfect solution for anyone who regularly works with Windows and Microsoft Office. It’s worth noting that Microsoft OneDrive offers advanced threat detection capabilities and top-notch cybersecurity services.
The top-of-the-line security protects your employees’ accounts with regular password changes. Microsoft provides small businesses with an unlimited level of encryption through its Personal Vault.
- Storage capacity of 2 GB, which is unlimited
- Basic collaboration and sharing capabilities are available
- Android and iOS apps are available
- For business use, you can create One Drive accounts on up to nine devices
- OneDrive is easy to use
- It is excellent for sharing files
- It can be costly
- Business Basic and Standard are the only packages that include teamwork and communication features.
4. Amazon Drive
Amazon is one of the leading providers of cloud computing and is an excellent option for small businesses. Amazon Drive is ideal for businesses in creative fields, providing excellent storage for visual content.
On the plus side, Amazon uses block-level file copying, also known as Delta syncing. If you make a change to a file, instead of copying the whole file from your hard drive and sending it to the server, you only send the changed parts of the file.
Amazon Drive’s competitors can’t compete with this speed of Delta syncing. Amazon Drive is your perfect solution if you’re looking for accessibility, security, and simplicity.
- Storage space of 5 GB, and premium users enjoy 5 GB unlimited storage space and video storage of 5 GB.
- Integrated into Amazon’s devices
- User-friendly web and mobile interfaces
- Automatic image backup is available for mobile devices
- Prime members receive a free 5 GB
- The delta syncing feature speeds up backups
- Suitable for small businesses that cannot afford Amazon Web Services.
- Desktop apps have limited features
5. Next Cloud
Next Cloud is an open-source and self-hosted solution that allows you to set up your private cloud using your server and encryption keys. This level of encryption helps you customize your storage solution to the specific needs of your small business.
This cloud solution is ideal for businesses that handle sensitive data. Aside from that, the developers promise complete data security. The solution also offers communication, collaboration, and control features.
Not forgetting the possibility of integrating a wide range of open-source applications. Integrating office applications makes Nextcloud competitive against companies like Microsoft and Google that offer broad cross-platform integrations.
- Requires a minimum of 100 users
- It is a self-hosted, open-source platform
- You have strict control of your data, which is especially important for businesses that handle sensitive data.
- An excellent time management and communication tool
- All packages offer migration support
- Although the pricing seems affordable, it can be pretty expensive.
- This tool is only helpful for teams of 100 or more
6. Open Drive
Open Drive is one of the best cloud storage solutions for small businesses. All your data is available in one place and has a lot of space for storage. It also has built-in functionality for creating tasks, notes, and documents.
What’s more, Open Drive offers branding options, and that’s all. You can decide the number of users you need, simply add or remove users, and pay only for what you use.
- Unlimited cloud storage of 5 GB
- The price is adjusted when there are more than 1000 users
- Suitable for all operating systems
- It is a great tool that may be perfect for teams with up to 1,000 users, given the wide range of built-in features.
- Easy-to-create, manageable tasks
- Scheduled and automated backups
- Encryption and version control of files
- Backups may take a long time
Cloud storage offers your small business flexibility, security, and green storage. Deciding on the best cloud storage solution is not a one-size-fits-all approach. You need to consider your business needs.
All six cloud storage options offer more than enough storage for small businesses. When considering your needs it’s important to check and ask around for reviews from actual customers in similar situations so that you can be confident in your choice.
Cloud storage is a big decision for businesses and can potentially hold lots of valuable data for business decisions, making it susceptible to security breaches.