Wireless screen sharing from Phone to Desktop is becoming popular day by day. Many protocols let you cast the screen. Most of the users cast the screen of their mobile to Tv to watch the movies and shows. But in this article, we will learn how we can cast a mobile screen to a laptop or desktop.
Nowadays, smartphones with Android OS are more popular than other operating systems. Well, have you ever thought of sharing your smartphone screen to your laptop or desktop?
We can get a great visual experience by casting the screen to big screen. Nevertheless, the screen mirroring feature of your Android smartphone can help you in enhancing and upgrading your viewing experience. So, we will have a small discussion on how to share the smartphone screen to a laptop or Pc.
Ways to Cast Mobile to Laptop or Desktop
Everyone wants to cast the screen, but we have to remember that security is our first step. So, this article will help you to learn the casting process without being hacked.
- USB debugging
- Installing third-party apps
Android phones have an inbuilt feature that lets you cast the screen to Windows. It is known as USB debugging. Mainly USB debugging functions to contact your smartphone with Windows.
Enabling USB debugging, you can quickly transfer files like music, videos, and many more. Most of the people think of this feature as a complex, but in reality, it is for safe file transfer. So, don’t hesitate to follow the below steps.
- Open Settings in your smartphone
- Scroll down to About Phone option.
- Tap on About Phone to enables the developer mode.
- Come back to settings after you enable developer mode.
- In settings now, you will find a developer option where you have to tap.
- Enable USB debugging inside the developer option. It will ask you for confirmation to enable USB debugging and give permission.
Well, this confirmation letter, you can think of these processes as unsafe. So, don’t worry; your smartphone is safe until we connect this to the computer.
But the main thing that protects us from a hacker is google. So, you must have a sign in to your Google account before connecting a smartphone to your Windows desktop.
So, we are done with our smartphone after we enable the USB debugging features.
Installation of third-party applications
There are many applications and software available in the market that lets you cast your screen. So, we will cover some of the best software and applications which are better than their alternatives. We test all the software before recommending our readers.
Airdroid has launched its application and software for smartphones and desktop. Also, the Airdroid is compatible with Apple devices.
This application lets you transfer photos, videos, and many more files from smartphones to a desktop. As the main feature of this application is to share the screen, so it works very effectively in this feature.
You have to install the application on your smartphone and Windows. It doesn’t matter you have Windows 7,8 or other versions.
- Download the Airdroid app from the play store on your smartphone.
- Create an account by filling the necessary details.
- After signing in, you will get a My device option. You will find a URL that you have to copy.
- Paste the URL in your Windows browser, or you can paste in your installed Airdroid software. Applications are available for free on the web without paying a single dollar. You can download it easily.
- A request notification will arrive on your smartphone. Permit it for sharing the screen.
- Your mobile screen will appear on your desktop, and now you can control it by using mouse and keyword.
The Mobizen application is another software that allows you to display the Android screen on to the Windows. Well, you can use Mobizen for free to cast the smartphone screen and control the phone also.
The paid version of this application is also available. There are many useful features available with this application in the free version also, but one among the most critical flaws with it’s that within the wireless mode, you can’t control the phone.
- First, download and install the Mobizen application from the Microsoft Store and Google Play Store, into both respective devices.
- After that, locate the “Mobizen” application and tap on the icon to launch an equivalent. Once the appliance launches, next, login to that.
- Now, launch the ‘Mobizen’ software into your desktop. This software supports all Windows versions. Now choose the connection method, i.e., USB or wireless.
- Finally, to attach and share the Android screen on the desktop, tap on the ‘Start now’ button from the popup Windows that appears in the application.
The Vysor is one of the best applications that you can use to cast the Android screen to the desktop. Vysor is very easy to set up. With this app, you can easily share the screen and control your phone by using a keyboard and mouse only.
Vysor has paid versions also. One of the main disadvantages of the Vysor application is that it doesn’t offer the majority of the features for free but, since the performance of this application is high-speed, therefore some people prefer Vysar.
- Download Vysor application and software on both the Android and computer devices, then install it. You can easily download software for Windows from the web.
- Once the installation completes, then connect the smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Now, open Vysor in the Windows and wait until it shows ‘Vysor has detected a device.’
- At last, after connection press on the ‘view’ button on the application to cast the smartphone screen on the Windows.
Well, we have covered only three applications, as they were the best ones on our list. All the applications are safe to use and have a simple interface, which makes them easy to use.
Please let us know if you have a better application than we mentioned in our list. All the applications are first tested by us and support all the Windows versions. So, no matter what system specs are.