Do you know 46% of small enterprises are still using different types of manual methodologies in order to manage their projects? As a matter of fact, the majority of respondents of the survey have admitted that the use of pen and paper and sticky notes are more prone to error.
This calls for digitization and comprehensive paperwork, which can only be made possible by project management software and tools.
Are you still oblivious of its existence? Read this blog and rope in the best project management tools to fuel your organizational goals.
- Best Project Management Tools 2021
- 1) Zoho Projects
- 2) Trello
- 3) Asana
- 4) Teamwork CRM
- 5) Bitrix24
- 6) Jira
- 7) Slack
- 8) Monday.com
- 9) ClickUp
- 10) Procore
- 11) Basecamp
- 12) Wrike
- 13) Podio
- 14) Todoist
- 15) MeisterTask
- 16) Microsoft Project
- 17) Pivotal Tracker
- 18) ProofHub
- 19) Kissflow Project
- 20) OmniPlan
- 21) Scoro
- 22) Workzone
- 23) EventCollab
- 24) FunctionFox
- 25) Xtensio
- 26) Weekdone
- 27) Hive
- 28) AceProject
- 29) Easyprojects
- 30) ProWorkFlow
- 31) NiftyPM
- 31) Cage
Best Project Management Tools 2021
1) Zoho Projects
Zoho Projects is one of the best online project management tools that help users track time, and collaborate with clients and employees in a seamless way. With Zoho Projects, you can create personalized fields, layouts, statuses, and workflows to easily perform tasks specific to your work.
- Stringent security system associated with the tool keeps all data safe and secured.
- The application is entirely cloud-based and highly accessible.
- It is compatible with all operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows 2000, Vista, Linux, Windows 8 and more.
The tool offers free sign-up and charges $20 per month for 10 users.
Trello has gained its popularity on the basis of visualising project tasks on a cardboard-like portal, considered great for organising and managing daily tasks.
- Lets you dive into details by adding comments, attachments and due dates associated with each project.
- Irrespective of the fact whether it’s for a corporate gig or side project, Trello allows you to collaborate with your team in an organised way.
- The team playbook option lets you organise all team resources into place.
It has a “forever free” package for an individual user, the “Business Class” comes for $9.99 per month and “Enterprise” for $20.83 per month.
Asana, with its state-of-the-art components of project management, collaboration and file storage helps in managing projects across a team without Email.
- Reviews all project milestones achieved and keeps track of your team’s progress.
- The simplistic layout allows you to organise all tasks in your projects for roadmaps and timelines.
- The easy notification tab allows you to receive active notifications about projects on a regular interval.
The tool comes for free up to 15 members, along with a premium package starting from $8.33 per user, on a monthly basis.
4) Teamwork CRM
When talking about the best project management tools, this particular application gets a special mention. It is known to power some of the biggest brands across the globe such as Disney, Forbes, eBay, Spotify and more.
- Empowers business project teams to manage all work in an organised way.
- The advanced CRM software allows you to keep track of your leads in a segregated and effective way.
- The advanced chat feature enables and promotes faster collaboration and communication among various business project teams.
If you are a team of 5 users, then you can use the tool for free. Pricing starts post five users, ranging from $9 to $15 per month.
Also Read: Best CyberSecurity Software Tools in 2020
If you are looking for a tool to streamline communications you must try this world’s leading collaboration platform. Bitrix24 is used by over 6 Million Companies across the globe to unify teams and optimize communications.
Bitrix24 improves internal communications inside organizations by combining the most popular collaboration tools in one place.
- Bitrix24 Social intranet portal helps you keep in touch with your team at all times.
- It allows us to communicate with colleagues via instant messenger
- Connect to voice calls or video conferences.
- It allows your team to stay updated in activity stream using polls, announcements and appreciation badges.
- Bitrix24 comes with all the tools you need for both internal and external collaboration.
- With Gantt charts, team members can share calendars and documents for an official collaboration.
Bitrix24 pricing starts at $14.40 per month. There is a free version. Bitrix24 offers a free trial.
It is an agile project management tool that allows users to plan sprints, create stories business adverts, track issues and more.
- Allows users to create roadmaps to sketch out strategies, and communicate with the stakeholders seamlessly.
- Keeps every detail of a project centralised in real-time, thus, facilitating free-flowing information across people, tools and teams.
- Customises your workflow seamlessly via tons of easy-to-click features like “Backlog”, “Reports” and “Estimation”.
The pricing plans range from $7 to $14 per month.
Also Read: 10 Best DDoS Attack Tools
Slack is another reliable communication tool that offers to bring entire teams at one place to speed up the work processes and productivity levels.
It offers numerous integrations and offers shared channels for streamlining information. Remote teams can use it to feel connected and aligned with their goals.
Monday is one of the best project management software that enables organizations to manage tasks, projects, and teamwork.
Monday.com is used for a wide range of business operations, including R&D, Analytics, marketing & sales, IT, customer service, and media.
Companies like Uber, Adobe and Costco use Monday.com for their Project Management.
- Cross-Departmental Project Tracking
- Resource Management
- Easy Integration with other tools
- Collaborate effortlessly across teams
Monday.com basic price starts from 8$/User/month.
ClickUp is a cloud-based project management tool built for teams of all sizes and industries. ClickUp’s simplicity, flexibility and ease of use make it a leader in the next generation of management tools.
Using ClickUp’s fully customizable and proprietary features, teams can keep everything from design to development in one place.
- Set up Automations with webhook actions!
- Automate your entire workflow with Hundreds of pre-built automation templates.
- Custom automation builder feature allows you to build your own automation workflow.
- You can Sync ClickUp tasks with Google Calendar in two-way and real-time sync.
- Automatically link and create pull requests in Github.
It is available for free upto 100MB. For Unlimited storage pricing starts 5$/month Per User.
This is one of the most widely used project management platforms that allows you to track Emails and close RFIs (Request for Information).
- The software offers open access for every collaborator so that no one remains out of the loop.
- The advanced interface facilitates updated information every time via “information logs”.
- The “project overview” feature gives you an elaborate picture of the progress of the business operation.
- Generates in-depth reports with insights that would help you analyse every detail.
- The “timecard” feature enables fast time tracking for all project management teams.
Procore is available for 375 USD per month to 549 USD per month.
It’s one of the most popular apps holding the oldest presence in the market. It has maintained its prestige for years on the top. Much needed software for large businesses or projects.
An updated version of the software offers many latest and diverse features. You can send messages through it and fix a schedule that you only get notified within your work hours.
Your files, tasks, chats all are saved within one place. You can get hands-on your reports and can get feedback through this tool conveniently from your customers or collaborators. Freelancers can take the utmost benefits and advantages from this app.
Basecamp Business starts at $99/month.
Also Read: Top 20 Best ETL Tools for 2020
Wrike is a privately held project management application service provider based in San Jose, California. It is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) based project management software that enables its users to manage, help and track projects, deadlines, schedules, and other workflow processes.
Wrike is considered as the leader in the rapidly growing collaborative work management market.
- Wrike helps project teams to track dates and dependencies associated with projects and resources.
- “Wrike for Marketers” allow teams in managing marketing workflows.
- Interactive Gantt chart, a workload view, and a sortable table are some of the best features of Wrike.
Wrike offers a free plan for 5 users. It offers 3 different premium plans Professional, Business, Enterprise for 9.8$, 24.8$ per month.
Podio is an all-inclusive cloud-based project management tool designed and developed by Citrix. It streamlines team communication, offers a virtual workspace and consolidates the content into a single space.
More than 4 lakh businesses and innovative teams use Podio for their project management.
- Using Podio you can break down projects and workflows into easily managed pieces
- Podio Android app will keep you coordinated with your team.
- Using Podio Platform developers can create custom integrations.
Podio offers a free plan for 5 users. It offers 3 different premium plans BASIC, PLUS, PREMIUM for 7.2$, 11.2$ and 19.2$ per month.
Todoist is one of the best to-do list and task management tool. More than 25 million people use Todoist to organize, plan and collaborate their projects.
In Todoist team members, product owners can integrate their project with other tools like Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Amazon Alexa and more.
One can use Todoist for simple remembering tasks like “Best friends birthday” to major business tasks.
Todoist offers a free trial and premium price starts at $36.00 per year, per user.
MeisterTask is a project management and task management tool for personal, agile and efficient teams.
To make workflows much more efficient MeisterTask offers everything you need to work together with your team. It runs both on mobile devices and online in Internet browsers!
- Can create unlimited tasks and invite others to collaborate with you.
- Real-time communication across all devices.
- You can create different project groups for different projects.
- Assign roles and permissions for individuals.
It offers a free plan for simple & fun task management. Pro plan starts from 4.19$/mon.
16) Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is a project management software, developed by Microsoft. It is designed for project managers to assist in developing a schedule, assigning resources to tasks, tracking progress, managing the budget, and analyzing workloads.
It was the company’s third Windows-based application from Microsoft.
17) Pivotal Tracker
Pivotal Tracker is one of the best and most used product planning and management tool. It is exclusively designed for modern software development teams. Pivotal Tracker app lets the team members know what exactly happening at any time.
With Pivotal Tracker team members can easily customise and know the Project status, workflow, conversations, and documents.
It is specially designed for the agile workflow with numerous changes over the last ten years. It is simple to learn and easy to use project management tool.
Also Read: How Technology is Transforming Mental Health
ProofHub gives teams of all sizes a centralised workspace for task lists, workflows, discussions, Gantt charts, documents and more. It has all the right tools that one needs to better plan the projects, collaborate seamlessly with teams and clients, keeping files and documents organised.
- It allows one-on-one and group chats for team and client conversations.
- Using mark-up tools one can review the documents and give feedback.
- ProofHub lets you restrict your account access to IP addresses that you select.
- It allows you to create custom reports with the parameters of your choice and visualize the overall project.
- It allows to Prioritize tasks with clear deadlines.
ProofHub Basic Plan starts at 45$/month.
19) Kissflow Project
Unlike a lot of other project management tools, Kissflow Project uniquely ties together agile project management, task management, and collaboration in a single hub.
One of the unique features you don’t find in other software is Task States–in-progress, hold, done. You get an accurate view of the number of work-in-progress items.
With Kissflow Project, you can plan projects with completely customizable forms, keep track of progress, collaborate with your team, and get insightful reports.
- Multiple views – Kanban boards, swimlanes, list view
- Contextual collaboration – Share comments and feedback within cards
- Custom form builder – 20+ drag-and-drop form elements
- Activity stream – Real-time feed of all tasks
- Reports – Burndown, Velocity, Lead Times, and more
Kissflow offers a free plan of up to 10 users with limited features. Paid plan starts from $60. There’s also a free trial with zero obligations.
OmniPlan is a planning and project management tool designed and developed by The Omni Group.
It helps in visualizing, maintaining and simplifying your project management. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, and monitor the entire project plan.
Gantt charts, Network Diagram View, Leveling Priority, Catch-Up and Reschedule and Change Tracking are some of the best features of Omniplan.
It offers a 14 day free trail. After that iOS & Mac Subscription costs you $19.99 USD /mo
If you are looking for project management software that allows you to schedule jobs, track team’s utilisation, create and send invoices on your behalf, then this one is for you.
- Advanced team calendar and meeting scheduling feature.
- Real-time KPI dashboard and contact management feature.
- Real-time tracking and billing for daily transactions.
Scoro comes for free for 14 days, and charges $26 per user, monthly.
This resourceful project management platform was created by experienced ad executives with zeal to help creative branding agencies and corporate project teams maintain visibility in operations.
- Personalised to-do lists for the collaborators and users.
- The advanced reporting capability gives you an insight into what you need, wish to track or monitor the progress of the project across workspaces.
- The revamped algorithm of the tool helps in creating subtasks for the project team, create and monitor resource dependencies and the likes.
The price of Workzone ranges from $24 – $44 per month.
This is again one significant cloud-based project management software that helps you to collaborate, schedule projects and track time in an effective way.
- The tool allows you to seamlessly connect every member involved in your project, including external vendors and contractors as well.
- The software allows you to collaborate with your team in real-time, be it brainstorming over a chat or editing a document.
The price starts at $20 per month.
Also Read: Best Inbound Marketing Tools in 2020
FunctionFox is recognised as a reliable and functional platform for corporate and individuals involved in a wide range of project management tasks.
- Facilitates budget estimations, time-tracking and to-do lists.
- Reminds you of allows you to track projects with sub-tasks and milestones.
The price of FunctionFox starts from $5 per user, per month.
Also Read: Best Usability Testing Tools in 2020
Xtensio is a collaboration tool for teams to create impactful business collaterals altogether in a single platform helping increase productivity all throughout the team’s strategic plans.
- Easily create a professional-looking presentation.
- Offers a wide variety of marketing templates to choose from such as Sales pitches, Marketing plans, User persona, Landing pages and many more.
- Ability to share the link to anyone given access.
- Offers a dedicated team workspace where anyone from the team can edit and collaborate.
- Downloadable documents in PDF/PNGs format.
Basic plan starts at $10 user/month Business plan starts at $50 2-users/month.
If you are overloaded with projects that need to be revised and kept track of on a weekly basis, then this is one of the most resourceful project management tools to opt for.
- Let’s monitor and generate quarterly objectives and key results.
- Lastly, the weekly project status reporting feature streamlines communication faster.
A small team can avail the services for free, and it would cost $49 per month for larger teams.
Hive is a productivity platform that lets your team manage projects in the way they work best, and lets you easily switch between views for ultimate flexibility. Using Hive team members can collaborate by sending messages directly to individuals or groups.
- With Automated workflows project members can design custom workflows and automate routine tasks.
- Project Managers can track time spent on projects for resource allocation and project planning.
- It allows easy integration with Google Drive, Salesforce, Jira, Dropbox, Slack and hundreds of other tools
If you are on the lookout for using a tool that would allow you to manage projects from end to end and facilitates expense tracking, then you may consider using this application.
- Smart viewing and monitoring of reports and their progress across the entire portfolio.
- The application is available on Google Play and Apple Store.
- The visually advanced interface helps you track projects with appealing charts and demographics.
- The tool, in addition, facilitates the use of project templates to ensure your organisation’s standard are maintained from one project to the next.
The price of using this tool ranges from $24 to $199 per month. If you have a team of five users, you can use it for free.
When it comes to naming the best project management tools, one simply cannot miss out on mentioning Easy projects. The tool is well known for helping teams get projects done in an organised way, on time and within budget.
- The software caters to all marketing and creative services.
- Monitor financial health of a project, sets the budget and evaluate expenses for all ongoing projects.
- Offers interactive demos for prospective users.
- Facilitates AI forecasting and help project managers predict when a particular project is most likely to get completed.
The tool charges $24 per month, billed annually.
ProWorkFlow is a web-based project management software that allows its users to keep track of time, organise contacts, manage projects and generate business reports on behalf of the incorporation.
- The timeline feature allows you to reschedule and review projects with one click.
- The application works perfectly with mobile devices.
- The “collaborate” option allows staff, clients and contractors to communicate and interact with ease.
You are entitled to avail one-month free trial. After that, you may choose from a wide range of pricing structures with services ranging from $10 to $30 per month.
Nifty is a collaboration tool for teams and clients for managing tasks, timelines, and workloads. Its ease of use makes it a powerful tool for managing a client portfolio. The platform is robust, very intuitive and a pleasure to spend time.
Nifty allows Businesses to move pre-existing projects, users, tasks, and files from Asana, Basecamp, Trello, and Jira quickly and easily.
If you are willing to have active discussions with your team over a project, then Cage is one of the most effective platforms for you.
- Keeps track of all project revisions.
- Facilitates advanced video conversations across various platforms.
- Let’s you make comments and notes under each task.
Pricing starts at $49 per month for teams.
Now you know about the most resourceful project management software’s, choose the one that would suit your requirement and industry niche, and up the game with confidence and perfection. However, prior to introducing project management tools in your organisation, make sure:
- Your employees are tech-savvy and willing to embrace the change.
- You are yourself accustomed to the functionality of the particular software.
- Run the application safely and install the product in a password protected drive or folder.